- Be part of the solution, getting results
- Values based National Not For Profit organisation
- Permanent Full Time position based at St Marys
At yourtown, we believe every young person has the right to a brighter future and aim to be part of the solution by delivering services that get results. Our services include Kids Helpline, training and employment services for young people, parent education and specialist accommodation for families. We are one of the largest not-for-profit providers of services for young people in Australia with sites across Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania. The community with yourtown’s Art Unions funds most of what we do. At yourtown you will be part of the solution.
Transition to Work (TTW) is a service to support young people aged 15-21 on their journey to employment. The service provides intensive, pre-employment support to improve the work-readiness of young people and help them into work (including apprenticeships and traineeships) or further education. As a Transition Youth Worker you will be part of a team that works together with the young person, and will be focused on building their skills, confidence and readiness to enter employment through targeted and tailored activities such as:
· Developing practical skills to get a job
· Accessing education or training
· Finding and completing work experience placements
· Finding job and education opportunities in the local area
· Connecting with relevant local community services
The Transition Youth Worker participates in a strengths based case management model by providing ongoing support and assistance to participants in overcoming barriers to learning and employment. This role involves working with participants in both individual and group based activities and can involve crisis intervention, referral for specialist assistance, employment case management and conferencing, as well as post placement mentoring. You will be required to work across the sites within the Greater Western Sydney Cluster as required and will have St Marys as a base. Successful applicants will:
- Have demonstrated understanding and experience working with young people facing disadvantage
- Be able to enhance the chance of employment by focusing on strengths and abilities
- Have experience in and enjoy working in both one to one and group/workshop settings
- Have the ability to meet and exceed KPI's consistently in an results driven environment
- Be eligible to obtain a NSW ‘Working With Children Check ’
- Believe that what we do matters, and that we can make a difference.
Please refer to the position description for a full list of expected qualifications and experience needed for this opportunity.
At yourtown our town is your town. We’re all about people, how we work with each other and the hundreds and thousands we care for each year. We take the time to listen, understand and encourage people to find their place. We offer attractive employment
conditions including access to salary packaging arrangements and paid parental leave. Find your place at yourtown.
Contact: Lisa Bird, Resourcing Partner on 07 3368 3399
Closing Date: 18 October, 2019
To apply, and for a full Position Description please visit: www.yourtown.com.au
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a Working with Children Check and a National Criminal History Check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
In line with yourtown's diverse workplace culture, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.PD-YW TTW SGW.pdf